[AT] Recent ATIS outage on my end

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Mon Jan 24 14:14:31 PST 2005

Last Thursday we quit getting all ATIS mail.  First couple of days we were
not concerned because we had heard there had been some heavy weather in
Spencer's area and assumed there were power outages or something.  However,
after a couple of days ATIS withdrawal symptoms started to grow and I need
my ATIS "fix."  I then sent an e-mail to Farmer to see if he had been
receiving from the list or I was the only one out.  Farmer indicated he was
getting mail, and we then checked what we could from our end.  My wife has
all the settings on our computer set to allow ALL ATIS list mail through
without filtering it.

We are not sure of the exact sequence of the next events, however with
Farmer relaying information and Spencer doing some detective work, it was
discovered the problem caused all e-mail from Spencer  or the list to me to
be blocked.  I don't quite understand all the ins and outs  (I'm a tractor
guy, not a computer guy.) but I'd like to thank Spencer and Farmer for all
their efforts in tracking down the problem and relaying the results to
me.  As of around noon today, the list was back on, and I am SO GLAD to be
back!!!  It is people like this who make the list so great and the world a
better place.

Greg Hass
Finally able to get my ATIS mail in Michigan's Thumb.  Hooray!!