[AJD] Serial Number Plate

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Mon Jan 24 09:00:04 PST 2005

Is this a good practice?  I mean, appropriating serial number tags from
deceased tractors?  I mean, what is the purpose if not to artificially
create something, whether it is with the intent to deceive?   How important
is the serial number, anyway, other than as an item of vanity?  Is there
some other way of identification for the purpose of procuring parts, etc.
(which to me would be the only possible legitimate reason to engage in such
an undertaking)?

Louis Godena