[AT] OT: Weather ramble

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sun Jan 23 07:57:40 PST 2005

Hi Charlie,

We had the mixture of sleet and freezing rain from about 10 AM yesterday
until about 7 PM or so.  Now (10:50 AM it's sunny, high wind and 21 F.
Supposed to warm up to about freezing or so later today).  Luckily there
wasn't enough accumulation of ice to cause any problems - I would much
rather deal with snow than ice.  Snow I can move around if needed and it
rarely causes problems with power lines and trees.  I can only imagine
what kind of problems we would have had with a significant accumulation
of ice along with the 40 mph gusts of wind we had late last night.  And
to think last week I did some outside work in short sleeves!

David