[AJD] Serial Number Plate

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Jan 23 10:38:32 PST 2005

David:

With what I learned in this discussion there may be a ray of hope if your
unstyled A has a serial numbered power lift on it. There would have to be a
lot of lucky stars line up including that the original power lift was still
on your tractor and that there is a way to get somebody to try to trace down
that specific serial number of power lift to a specific serial numbered
tractor. Two cylinder Magazine has published a few production registers for
certain model tractors. I don't have the books handy at the moment but, if
my memory doesn't fail me, the three published were for the unstyled B, G
and the 30 series. I don't know if Two Cylinder Magazine will do a search on
the serial number of the power lift or not. I believe JD Archives refers all
searches back to Two Cylinder Magazine.

Assuming JD recorded the serial number of the power lift on your tractor and
also assuming that your tractor still has the original power lift on it,
somehow, some way there should be a way to track that number down to a
specific serial numbered tractor. I believe 2 Cylinder Magazine was hired by
JD to convert the paper version production register information to a
computer database. If the unstyled A production register was completed,
typically computer databases can be electronically searched. But... I don't
know if all the dependant "ifs" are true!

If all of this could be accomplished which led you to a specific serial
numbered unstyled A and it was shipped to a dealer in your area I think it
would be fairly safe to assume you have identified your specific tractor.
The risk is that if the power lift has been changed, it probably was off of
another tractor that was shipped to your area as well.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com