[AT] My new pellet/corn stove arrived friday

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Jan 22 18:29:00 PST 2005

Walt:

I think you will like the pellet stove. We heat with one also. Our screw
feeder seems to be the weak link on ours. It is stuck again and I don't feel
good enough to take it apart and fix it. But it is so warm here right now it
isn't needed so much. We can reduce our winter monthly heating bill from
over $400 a month to less than $100 a month in typical NW WA weather. I have
been using "Clean Burn" pellets which are a NW WA product and they run
$139.99 a ton plus tax. Or about $3.00 a 40 lb bag. On most typical winter
days a bag or less is used. Fortunately we can buy by the ton but only take
what we want and pick up the rest when they are needed. I typically haul 25
bags or a 1/2 ton at a time in my F250 so I suspect your Ranger was a little
overloaded with a full ton.

I like the radiant heat and cleaning burning from the pellet stove but I
have had to do more maintenance on our stove than I expected. Surely more
than on a conventional furnace. Ours is a Whitfield brand which is supposed
to be one of the better ones. Maybe I got a Monday stove.  :-)

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com