[AT] message lag( fixing my previous post)

Alan Riley ariley at cox-internet.com
Fri Jan 21 18:48:56 PST 2005

I guess it's time for another one of my "me too" posts.  My ISP is
cox-internet.com and I have been having the same problem with
slow messages that several others have.  Since Spencer changed
things up, the average time between me sending a message and
it showing up on the list has been in the 20-24 hour range.  Only
one has been returned to me as undelivered - Cox said Spencer's
server was turned off.  It's a little frustrating because by the time
I can respond to something, the hot topic of conversation has
already changed.  Consequently, I seldom post anymore.  Prior
to Spencer's changes, it usually only took a few minutes for my
messages to show up.

I'm not really complaining, Spencer, because without the time
and money you have put into this list, I probably would never have
run across many of the really wonderful people here.  The level
of knowledge and the entertaining stories make this my favorite
list of the many I belong to.

Alan Riley
Deville, LA