[AT] John Deere H

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Jan 21 18:18:18 PST 2005

I recognized what you were asking, Cecil.  I just couldn't resist the
play on words.

I know exactly what you're talking about regarding the stacks of photos,
negatives, slides, glass plate negatives, homemade stereopticon cards,
and so on.  I'm taking the approach of "spreading it around."  As I
finish a particular collection and identify all the image contents, I
send multiple copies of the CD's off to relatives who I know are working
on keeping records on the family.  In one case, I'm transferring an
uncle's entire 35 mm slide collection to CD's and then sending a copy to
each of his grandchildren.  They are the ones who are featured in the
slides.  This way, each one gets all the historical material on their
own family.

Larry