[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 20:49:16 PST 2005

I use "old iron" in my business - 70 ish JD350 and JD450C.  I am  frequently
asked how old they are and I usually reply with "What Part."
Everything on them has been replaced once and many parts more than  that.  In
fact on the 350 I can name the major parts that have not been
replaced.  Engine block (rebuilt twice) transmission housing, one  clutch
housing, and both final drives and all of these have been rebuilt.
There are a few minor parts I have left out but everything else has been
replaced one or more times.

We have all seen antique tractors with all  sorts of modifications and
repairs - some good some bad. For me the important  aspect of any restoration is
intent and integrity.  If it is necessary  to cast a new part for restoration
- then do it but don't "sell it" as  original.

Gary
Renton, WA.
8:45pm.  PST