[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 19 20:57:24 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <robinson at svs.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:29 PM
Subject: RE: [AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

> I think this is all a little like "grand-dad's hammer". I have written
here
> before about having grand-dad's hammer... The handle has been replaced 3
times
> and the head twice but it is still grand-dad's hammer...   :-)

True, if I were to add up all the parts replaced on this Cockshutt 40 over
the 38 years it has been on this farm........The engine, both rear axles,
fuel tank, the seat, a pto and hyd were added as the original tractor did
not have those options. I think I replaced a damaged rear fender too. I
exchanged the drawbar assembly for a newer, stronger unit off the next
series of Cockshutts. I also replaced the old shoe brakes with some newer
disk brakes from another junkyard Cockshutt.
But I still look on this as "the old town tractor" that my Dad bought in
1967. We just replaced the required  parts as it became necessary over the
years of working on this farm.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/.