[AT] I hate sandblasting!--but see this...(correction)

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 16:12:05 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/19/2005 5:27:54 AM Central Standard Time,
jwilkens at eoni.com writes:

And if  you want more detail the guys at both of the above
>>businesses in  Kent, WA are most helpful.  I'll probably have to wait
>>until  Spring to give the water blasting a trial run on an old 9N tractor
>>with a gazillion layers of old paint.....and will let you know how  it
>>does then.     You can buy a less expensive  sandblast kit from Northern
>>Tool but the Pro Jet model has some  significant advantages in my
>>book.    John  W.
>>
>>               In the wide-open spaces of NE  Oregon

Just my 2 cents worth.  I had to paint a stock trailer earlier this  year.
It had several different paint colors and several layers of paint in  addition
to some of the steel panels were from old oilfield tanks that still had  a
"paraffin"layer on them.  I started out with a Northern Hydraulics  sandblaster
attachment with my 11hp 3500 psi pressure washer.  After 2  hours of water
blasting, I had used 600 lbs of sand, and only got tghe back  doors and a 6 X 4
panel cleaned.  I hooked up the old sandblaster, and in 6  hours had the rest of
the trailer done including the interior.  It was a  mess, but now is
something I can pull without hanging my head.  I just  don't think you can beat
sandblasting dry.   I do mine under a big shade  tree.  The sheep love laying in the
sand later.  I am creating an  inland beach.

Cecil in OKla