[AT] Cleaning out Tractor cooling system

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Jan 19 10:09:34 PST 2005

Hey, Cecil, Farmer, et al.  How about using one of the old design
"semi-pits?"  It's not a pit for a semi-, it's only partially
underground.  These were very common back in the 30's.  Generally, it
was a frame of channel iron built about two feet off the ground that you
could drive the car or truck up on to, and the pit was only about three
feet deep.  It looses some of the flexibility of a pit that's completely
below floor line and that you can cover with 2X stock when you're not
using it, but it's an option that garages used to consider justifiable.

Larry