[AJD] Delayed posts

Christopher Lynn lynchr26 at epix.net
Wed Jan 19 07:49:47 PST 2005

What Guy wrote pretty much summed up the problem I believe.  Over my
last 11 years of Internet use, email in general has gotten slower due
to the increase in filtering, and to a degree, the increase in
traffic.  It is not just an ATIS issue, but one that is created with
the ISP's as well.  Combine the ATIS filtering with the incoming or
outgoing filtering systems of each ATIS subscriber (of which most are
likely different), and there is going to be a definite lag time.
Sending email via an intranet is no longer instantaneous either.

Back in 1995, my messages would sometimes come right back to me after
I sent them to the main ATIS list.  Other times, responses would come
back before I got my initial post.  This is the first message I sent
to this list in a long time, so I'll see how long it takes to show up.

Just my $.02

Chris