[AJD] Delayed posts

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Tue Jan 18 18:53:22 PST 2005

I think it's the general Internet problem of mail getting slower, not
just these lists. I do see slower return times on the main ATIS lists
than the specific by makes. I also notice that the spam filter I get
through my provider seems to have an effect as well- when it lets more
spam through, it's faster, but the more it catches, it slows up the rest
of the mail.
Guy Fay

Dee Schuyler wrote:

> Well I spoke offline with Dean this morning and he had pretty much the
> same thing to add.
> I guess I will continue to read the mail for a while but I am about
> burned out on posting.
> Guess I will see what else is active?
> Thanks for your reply  Duane
> Dee
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Duane Larson" <jdlarson at comcast.net>
> <antique-johndeere at lists.antique-tractor.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 6:37 AM
> Subject: Re: [AJD] Delayed posts
>

>> Dee,
>> I have also raised this issue (perhaps too many times) but nothing
>> has been
>> done.  Exactly for your reasons I watch but don't participate much
>> anymore
>> on this list.  Too frustrating.  Spencer (or someone) posted some
>> transfer
>> times recently but they sure don't seem to apply to most things I
>> respond
>> to.  If I knew that the problem was on my end I could do something
>> about it,
>> but I don't know where it is.  The average daily traffic on this list
>> seems
>> to have decreased in the last 4-5 years as this delay problem has gotten
>> worse - you are probably right, folks have transferred to the other JD
>> discussion forums.
>> Duane Larson
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dee Schuyler" <web22hsz at verizon.net>

>>> time (West Coast) I received the same message at 4:00 Actually I