[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

dglass dglass at mail.newnanutilities.org
Wed Jan 19 06:10:38 PST 2005

I don't have any spit and polish tractors either, but I went to Iowa a
few years ago to the Ageless Iron Expo and saw a Farmall 400 that had a
"restoration" sponsored by DuPont and it was a work of art.  Probably
the most beautiful  tractor I have ever seen.  Meticulous detail and
paint that you wouldn't believe.  Did it run?  I don't know, but it sure
looked great. A guy in the parking lot had a Farmall C that you can tell
he lovingly restored and even had a telephone on it(I don't think that
was a factory option).  Beautiful job and even made a custom trailer for
it.  It too was beautiful. I think both of these tractors were beyond
restoration.  Although they were beautiful, if I had them they would
look like the rest of my tractors in no time.  I don't want a tractor to
parade on Saturday and polish the rest of the week.  I want a user, but
I still like to look at those beauties.