[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Jan 18 18:50:15 PST 2005

My Case LA came pretty much complete but I changed the Radiator the head  the
pistons the front end all but the axle. Well I guess mine is just a
conglomerate by now. Hey I have all the old parts maybe I should repair them and  put
it back like it was. Boy will that make Mamma happy.
 I would think that one should try to keep as much of the original  parts as
possible but sometimes it just doesn't work that way. I would think  that the
purest will want to keep the old paint but for those of us who just  want good
running old tractor to play with what does it matter its our tractor  and if
the purest doesn't like they can go get one of their own.
I don't like the spit an polished tractors that shine like brand new
Rolls/Royce
But some people do. If you want original then remember the paint ain't
supposed to shine like a mirror.
I here a lot of controversy about this at the pulls when they check for the
best show tractor at some of them they want it to be farmable at others they
want it to look pretty. I really don't think we will ever get together on this
 subject as it seems to be mostly what the owner wants and not what others
like.

 Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361