[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Jan 18 16:10:31 PST 2005

Spencer,

I don't know about tractors in this sense, but I played a small part in the
restoration of an important aircraft.  It was the very first taperwing
Waco... the prototype serial number A1A.  I furnished the engine and a
spare.  All that was used of the original aircraft was the serial number
plate and the paperwork.  Everything else was new, including even some parts
that had to be cast.  It was considered, as it had to be, a restoration,
otherwise it couldn't be flown.  I think the paperwork for the restoration
may have been bigger than that for Johnny Cash's Cadillac.

The mechanic doing the work was Jerry Jeruska of Vero Beach, FL for the
owner, Walter Hill of Miami. I delivered the engines and props in 1977... my
first trip to FL.

George Willer