[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Tue Jan 18 16:16:50 PST 2005

Good point, Spencer.  What is serious restoration?  It took me two years to
restore my 1917 Titan.  That was from the ground up. I had that thing in
pieces.  Parts?  I made new tranny, axle and clutch bushings. I had all the
original parts except the fuel pump. To me that is serious restoration.
Lets take it a step further. Is a tune-up, paint job, maybe new tires and
sheetmetal repair serious restoration?
That Cat 30 I restored or maybe "put together" is a combination of the best
parts of the original and a parts tractor. That took me the better part of 6
months. Is time a factor or is "non original parts to that particular
machine" a factor?
Dave