[AT] Backing up tractor pictures(VHS to CD)

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Jan 18 16:22:44 PST 2005

It takes a bit more hard disk space than the size of the file you're
trying to convert, Ralph.  If you're burning a 4.7 Gigabyte DVD, you
probably will need a little over 5 Gigabytes on your hard drive.  But I
doubt that you're going to find yourself transferring anything that big
in a single file off of a VHS tape.

Be careful which partition you install your video manipulation software
into on your computer.  It's not uncommon to have those programs
installed on the small partition of your hard drive where the operating
system is, and then they run out of space simply because they can't find
enough storage in the same partition.  Generally speaking, the software
isn't smart enough to start searching new partitions or alternative
drives for more storage.

Larry