[Farmall] OT: Compact tractor needs

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 13:42:25 PST 2005

I bought my NH TC40D this spring when I answered the
question.. Do I want a tractor to work on? or a
tractor to work with?  I decided that I already have
plenty of projects so decided on one ready to go.  I
quickly found that that used market didn't make sense
because of the high prices.  I also noted that I can
have this machine for many years.  Those little
diesels seem to last for ever.  If you buy new it
would almost be silly not to get one with hydro and a
loader.  Loader capacity was a factor for me because I
have heavy parts to move in my steam engine
restoration.  A couple tips:  NH & Case are the same
tractor different paint (NH does offer supersteer).
Kind of like the difference between Chevy & GMC.  The
Case machines are being marketed under the "Farmall"
name (there, now its OK for this list).  Go to
www.tractorbynet.com for info on the compact diesels.
There is loads of info there and they have discussion
groups with helpful folks just like ATIS.