[AT] Cleaning out Tractor cooling system

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Jan 18 06:13:22 PST 2005

I had a little cooling system problem with my truck a few weeks ago.   When
I added water too it on the side of the road, what I thought was 2 gal jugs
of water in the bed of my truck was in fact 1 gal jug of water and 1 gal jug
of water containing about a pint of dish washing detergent.

I discovered my error but by the time I did there was about a quart of the
soap mixture in my cooling system.  I drove the 3 miles or so on home with
no problem.  I wouldn't recommend the practice to anyone else but when we
changed the water pump on the truck later that day the cooling system
flushed out nice and clean!

Charlie