[AJD] Final Drive Drain Plug

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Tue Jan 18 06:37:21 PST 2005

I know what you mean, here in the Ozarks there is nothing much in the
way  of bargains or decent prices.  If the local ACE (6 mi away) or True
  Value( 23 mi away)don't have it, then it's Springfield 65 mi away, to
the southern environs.  This is about 1& 1/2 to 2 hours depending who
gets in front of you on these winding roads.

There is another route that is not quite so winding, but it is longer
and actually takes an additional 20-30 minutes.  On this route someone
put up a metal building a couple of years ago and painted a sign on the
side that says TOOLS in very large letters.  Guess where I got my 3/4"
torque wrench?  Their stock is mostly imported from Asia and China.  My
choices for a 3/4" torque wrench were $300+ from the auto parts stores
with a delay for them to get it, or a place like this for $49.00.

Just an aside, a guy up the road from me makes his living with heavy
equipt, a lot of it that he put together from a couple of other
machines, and he uses Chinese tool exclusively.  He makes a distinction
between Chinese and Taiwanese tools, and won't buy tools from Taiwan.
His reasoning, They don't cost a lot so he can break one every now and
then and still be money ahead.  And he says he doesn't break many.

YMMV,

Gary