[AT] Cold weather and tractors

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 19:01:32 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/17/2005 4:30:50 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
chill8 at cox.net writes:
As for water mixed in  gas.   I tend not to believe it but if it is I want
someone to  show  me how to do it.  Last time I looked the water settled out
to the bottom.  Wouldn't the same thing happened to the manufacturers  in
their tanks?

We had to check for water in all of our tanks when I  owned my Service
station back in the mid 60s All gas tanks at service stations  had some water in
them back then but now they are seared so I doubt that they  get much water in
them now. If you wanted to get the water to be mixed with the  gas then you
would deed to have something that would do that an keep it mixed. I  think there
are a lot of old wive's tales around that keep coming back at time.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460