[AT] Cleaning out Tractor cooling system

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 17 18:50:27 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: charlie hill <chill8 at cox.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Cleaning out Tractor cooling system

> I don't know why it wouldn't work Fred.  Vinegar is good at breaking down
> mineral deposits.  I run some through my coffee maker every now and then.
> Seems to me like it would work fine at cleaning a cooling system.  Thanks
> for the idea
It makes terrible coffee though Charlie. :-) I actually heard of this
happening where somebody forgot to remove the vinegar before they made the
next pot of coffee.
Re: radiator cleaning, I think I've mentioned before how my Dad used to put
lye in the cooling systems to flush them out. I can't say just how safe this
would be on the innards of the system but don't recall him having any
problems with the engines . The old flathead Ford truck would still run hot
if you pushed it too hard with a load of grain on it.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/