[AT] Cold weather and tractors

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 17 09:23:21 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob Wilson <rowilson at infinet.com>
To: 'Antique tractor email discussion group' <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 12:27 AM
Subject: [AT] Cold weather and tractors

 The sediment bowl was frozen almost solid again.
> I had heard that the new unleaded gas had a lot of
> water added to it but this was ridiculous.

I've heard that story too about there being water in the gas we buy but I
don't really believe it.
. My understanding is that the water forms in the tank of our vehicle as a
natural result of heating and cooling. "Condensation". Thats why its a good
idea to drain the water trap on your diesel tractors once in a while too.
Water is a big enough problem in a gas engine but can get pretty serious in
a diesel injection system.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/