[AT] Cold weather and tractors

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Sun Jan 16 22:27:10 PST 2005

I stopped over at a friend of mine's place on Saturday
to pick up a set of two way pick up plows for my Allis
Chalmers C that and we were having a heck of a time
with his A-C D15 with loader. It was pretty cool Saturday
morning when we were working but I didn't think it was
that cold. He started it to warm it up and then all
the sudden it just died. We looked to see if there was
any gas in it and there was and then we looked at the
sediment bowl and couldn't believe it but it was white
and solid ice. He took it off and dumped the chunk out
but the gas wouldn't flow. He used his wife's hair dryer
to warm the shut off valve to get the gas going again.
Put the bowl back on and used it to move the plows.
When we got ready to put them on the trailer it died
again. The sediment bowl was frozen almost solid again.
I had heard that the new unleaded gas had a lot of
water added to it but this was ridiculous. We finally
got loaded and he pump some gas dryer in it to see
it that would help. We'll see how it works since it's
supposed to get up into the teens as a high tomorrow.
Rob