[AT] Cockshutt report

Greg Whittaker gwhittak at triton.net
Sun Jan 16 19:13:38 PST 2005

I had an M Farmall act much the same way and it turned out to be the gasket
between the carb and intake.  It'd run good for a long time and suddenly
start sputtering.  If you fast on the choke you could catch it and it'd be
alright.  If not it stalled.  I found the problem when starting it.  It had
to be started by touching the starter cable to the hot post on the battery
because the button didn't work and since it had a mag and the generator
didn't work anyway.....  I know starting them from the ground isn't safe
especially standing in front of a rear tire but I ALWAYS made sure it was
out gear.  Anyway when I was starting it and had it choked I noticed bubbles
coming from the seam between the carb and intake.  I put in a new gasket and
it never acted up again.

Greg Whittaker
Wolverine Mi.