[AJD] Ebay Wheel.. Almost bought it

NCloyd1 at aol.com NCloyd1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 05:25:25 PST 2005

Just stopped in and got the skinny on cd s---silk screen vrs lable. the
easiest way to tell is by the texture of the surface. The silk screen is done by
placing a piece of silk over the surface and forcing the paint through as was
done on the early JD tractors.Of course the process has been up graded in the
last 50--100 years but  the tell tale textured surface remains.Silk screening
will not have the sharp definition of print. One must be careful IDing the cds
which have silk screened back grounds with  printed grafics and vice versa.My
96 JD cd is labled. As both processes are machine done another tell tale
feature is evident. The silk screened cds grafics  will always be concentric with
the disc and the lables will often times be 'off center' . Both processes have
very similar thickness of applied material so that the 'finger nail on the edge
test' is not accurate.After studying the cds I have here at home it became
easy to tell. Hope this helps.    Neale

Neale A Cloyd
26198 Sand Hill Trail
Ames, Iowa 50010