[AT] Coil test?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 11 09:45:36 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Dean VP <deanvp at att.net>
To: 'Antique tractor email discussion group' <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 12:44 AM
Subject: RE: [AT] Coil test?

 In thinking about your test of removing one of the adjustment needles and
> getting a good flow of gas, I'm not sure that really proved that you still
> don't have a restriction of fuel flow in the system.  I'm not familiar
with
> the configuration of your carburetor >

Dean
It a fairly typical updraft style carb, either a Marvel Schebler or Zenith.
And you are right. I should have gone one step further and unscrewed the
needle seat too just in case something was obstructing that. Its next on my
list of things to try when I dare face the cold again. Wind chill is pretty
high here again today and its predicted to get worse for tomorrow.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/