[Steam-engine] Coal

Best, Dianne dbest at hydro.mb.ca
Tue Jan 11 05:11:02 PST 2005

Out here in Manitoba, I have been using Pennsylvania hard in my 1/2
scale 10HP Russell (with a firebox that's about one foot cube) and it's
BEAUTIFUL! I've run a sawmill with my little engine (cutting real logs)
and the fire burns WHITE - no orange, no red, just white. I can steam
for four days and have less than a six quart basket of ash.

I don't know exactly where it comes from in Pennsylvania - a local
blacksmith has it brought in by the truck load for his iron working.

I'd seriously consider committing a mortal sin for a truckload of this
coal! ;-)

Dianne