[AT] hydraulics question

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 20:43:45 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/10/2005 10:26:58 AM Central Standard Time,
cmonson at hvc.rr.com writes:

In  particular although I knew the
cylinder could pass oil from one side to the  other while sinking, I also
wondered if oil could somehow find a path back  thru a defective control
valve. It also occurred to me that one of the lift  cylinders could have
been defective for a long time and I wouldn't know it  if one was good
enough to handle the load.

Cecil:
A neighbor has a new Hesston round baler ( 4 yrs old )   It has a  hydraulic
tensioner on the belts.  He has to hit the hydrailic control  every 30 seconds
to keep the bales tight.  He has a late model  tractor, ( 1994) with few
hours on it.   I had to take the  control valve off the other day to find a piece
of an o-ring in it that was  keeping the loader from lowering, or any
implement plugged into that  side.

I replaced the cylinder on the baler that had a scratch and was  seeping, but
it stillleaked down.  It only has 6 cylinder on the baler, all  hooked
together to provide tension.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a job for a nice day under the shade tree...  there is  gonna be a
lot of oil spilled....

cecil in Okla