[AT] Re: Hydraulic components

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Mon Jan 10 11:05:09 PST 2005

I have seen flakes of galvanizing material plugging orifices in
hydraulic systems using galvanized pipe.  It doesn't happen often
but it can. I've also seen orifices plugged with bits of teflon tape.
Most implement dealers will tell you not to use that on hydraulic
systems either but they still have it for sale on the parts counter!

Some of the service bulletins I've seen for setting up hydraulic
motors for various purposes (fan drives on air seeders, for one)
specified using black pipe as much as possible rather than rubber
hoses for heat dissapation.  One bulletin mentioned that galvanized
pipe did not dissapate heat as well as black pipe either.