[AT] Coil test?

Bigdog dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 9 11:38:06 PST 2005

Ralph,
    There is no way to reliably test your coil with a VOM.  Coil breakdown is usually related to operation under load combined with heat.  They can be tested with the proper equipment but the simple thing to do is borrow one and replace it or simple purchase a generic 6 volt coil and make the swap.

Bigdog