[AT] Re: JD A

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 13:04:16 PST 2005

I know what you mean Dean I have my Case LA at !530 right now it sounds
pretty good but would like to get 2000 out of it. For a short run its not to bad
but you do have to remember we are pulling at the max all the way down the
tract.
I have heard those Oliver 99s turn some pretty high revs. I also know what
happens when you get a runaway on a GMC 2 cycle engine. They start to pull oil
out of the crankcase and you better be in the next county but fast.

I wish they would be a little more pushy about the stock engine rules for
pre 1963s a lot of people don't want to push their old tractors that hard   just
to be competitive.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361