[AT] Snowblowing with the 40

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 05:42:22 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/7/2005 11:44:31 PM Central Standard Time,  alfg at sa
sktel.net writes:

Its  strange that even operating under load with the choke on I never saw  any
sign of running rich or black smoke like you would normally expect with  that
much choke. Carb icing is not likely as that too will produce black  smoke.
This ones a real mystery but I haven't finished with it yet. Might  just open
up the carburetor tomorrow to see whats going on in  there.

Ralph in Sask.

Hey Ralph:

Whey I had a problem with carb icing on the generator, it did not put out
black smoke.  It just died out and would bareley run..   I would  try adding
some methanol to the gas just to be sure.  I am having that  problem with my
Polaris 300 right now.  It is icing up somewhere....

Cecil in OK