[AT] Hi-Lift Jacks

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 6 11:51:20 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Francis Robinson <robinson at svs.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [AT] Hi-Lift Jacks

> I have one of those #$%& jacks. One time Scott was using it and a pin
slipped... it slammed the handle to a full upright position. The side of
Scotts head stopped its travel.   :-(    Had his head not stopped it he
might have lost a couple of fingers that were wrapped around the top of the
post.  It could have killed him. We still use it but we treat it like it was
a bottle of nitro-glycerine at rock throwing contest. It still acts up some
even with lube so we bought a rebuild kit for it. I hope to get it rebuilt
this winter.
> Be careful with the damn things...

I've heard the same experiences from others using those jacks. We call them
"jackalls" here and I've got 3 of them. So far I have been lucky and no
accidents with them but I always keep a tight grip on that handle just in
case. And yes, diesel fuel is a good cheap lubricant to keep the pins
operating nice and smooth.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/