[AT] stiff tractor day

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 10:22:22 PST 2005

On the IH tractors from the 706/806 on, everything was hydraulic powered
- steering, brakes, pto clutch, etc. So there was no time when you
didn't need to have the system working. Most folks found that if you let
the system run for a while, eventually everything would warm up enough
to work, but it could take as long as 20 minutes or so.

Charlie Hill mentioned a water separator on the system. I suppose that
would work, if you could find one that would match up to the tractor's
configuration. I have never heard of anyone doing such a thing.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not
fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." President Dwight D.
Eisenhower April 16, 1953