[AT] stiff tractor day

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 5 09:46:07 PST 2005

When its as cold as its been here the last while even good clean hydraulic
oil can thicken to the point that things work slowly if at all. I heard on
the news that some of the city snow removal equipment was having problems
for that reason.
Which brings up an interesting old tractor reference. ONe of the features I
always liked on the Cockshutt 50 was the dis-engaging lever for the
hydraulic pump drive. This meant that on a job that did not require
hydraulics, (such as running the hammer mill) you could just flip the lever
to neutral and the hydraulic pump would not run, this saves unnecessary wear
and tear, especially in extreme cold conditions. My 40 does not have this
feature but I have the necessary parts to install it "one of these days".

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/