[AJD] Gaskets

Robert M. Massengale ltcmikem at ktc.com
Tue Jan 4 19:45:54 PST 2005

I've run into a gasket problem that I suspect is not uncommon and am looking for
List suggestions.  When I removed the crankcase cover (B1841R) on my '41 B (sn
109494) the gasket (B1842R) between this cover and the main case disintegrated.
At both my dealership and on jdparts.com the gasket part number B1842R (PC-330,
pg 64) comes back as "invalid part number".

Is there a gasket source other than my dealership?  Do you just make your own
gaskets?  What about the "form a gasket" type material that comes in a tube?
Permatex?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mike
Robert M. Massengale