[AT] OT: Carbruators

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 1 22:59:10 PST 2005

Original Message -----
From: <DAVIESW739 at aol.com>
To: <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 12:00 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] OT: Carbruators

> Ralph,
> My 1st big engine was in my 61 dodge 383 with 325 HP I  think that was
about
> what the factoy wanted us to know this car would would burn  the tires
from 0
> to 50 mph when it shifted to 2nd and then there was slam in  back as it
jumped
> from 50 to 70 and shifted to 3rd from there up it was power as  you did
all
> you could to hold on and wait for the power to give up I never found  out
as I
> only took it up to 105 where I let up and figured that was fast enough
for me.

Walt, if you ever make it to Sask. you'll have to catch the "Mopar Muscle
Madness" car show held every year around the first of July. Its only a half
hour drive from me and I try to at least get there for the show and shine on
Sunday afternoons to take a few pictures. The biggest percentage of
participants are 60s muscle cars from Chrsyler Corp, mostly restored and
looking like new. Chargers, Super Bees, Cudas, and many of the other well
known names from the sixties. Theres usually a few of the 50s represented
too as well as some pickup trucks.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/