[Farmall] Tire Chains Slipping!

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Feb 28 13:28:41 PST 2005

I know that you have a lot more experience with tractors than me,
George, but I think you would be better off with the tie links off to
one side, as you want the cross links to be the ones on the ground, not
the tie links. That is the way the commercial chains are made (and the
ones I have on my tractor). (see the image on the website listed below)
But I do agree that you could use almost any kind of chain to make the
tie links - either cast off car chains or tired straight chain - it
doesn't have to be super strong.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

If it is committed in the name of God or country, there is no crime so
heinous that the public will not forgive it. -Tom Robbins, writer (1936-)