[Ford-ferguson] Stuck 8N Clutch

soffiler at myeastern.com soffiler at myeastern.com
Tue Feb 22 04:35:02 PST 2005

"any clutch can stick overnight"  Well... if you add up all
the manual-transmission cars, trucks, tractors, and
(dry-clutch) motorcycles I have ever owned; and all the ones
owned by relatives, friends, and acquaintences that I am
familiar with - the instances of stuck clutches is EXTREMELY
RARE.  But my 8N stuck, my buddy's 8N is sticking, and when
you start poking around you find LOTS of discussion on the
topic of stuck 8N clutches.  It suggests there is something
unique about the design of the 8N clutch creating a
propensity to stick.  I'd like to know what's unique about
them.

SO