[AT] Old Antifreeze

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 19:44:59 PST 2005

while looking for your problem I didn't find  anything other than the
antifreeze has a shelf life of many years open or  sealed.

But I did find this an thought that the fellows might be  interested in it.
---------------------------------

Q: I'm constantly  hearing about octane booster products. You say 0-60 can
boost my octane by up to  10 points. What's a point and how does it relate to my
car's performance?
A:  The term "points" is commonly used in the automotive industry when
referring to  the octane increase a product offers. This is different from the
figures shown  at your local gas pump, where the octane "rating" of a gasoline is
measured in  "numbers". This can sometimes create confusion as to how "points"
translate to  "numbers". The following calculation can be used to translate
points to  numbers:
1 octane point = 0.1 octane number
Increasing the octane of  gasoline has several positive effects on automobile
performance. A higher octane  gasoline will allow a car to run smoother by
reducing knocks and pings, which  ultimately restores lost performance.
An example of this might be:
Common  regular unleaded gasoline is rated at 87 octane at the gas pump. If
you treat  that gasoline with an octane enhancement product that claims a 5
"point"  increase, then the end result will be a gasoline that has an 87.5 octane
rating.  In this example, the octane enhancement product provided 5 "points",
which is  equal to 0.5 octane numbers.
Prestone® 0 to 60® Booster provides 10 points of  octane increase, which will
increase the octane of regular unleaded gasoline by  a full number. In this
case, an 87 octane rated fuel would go to 88 after  treatment with Prestone® 0
to 60® Booster.

Walt Davies
Cooper  Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361