[AT] LPG problems

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Tue Feb 22 18:39:03 PST 2005

Wayne the converter (guess it gets its name from the fact that it converts
liquid LP to a gas using the heat exchanger) is also the regulator.

The vent is a small round opening on the front of the regulator some times
it is threaded, and is on the atmospheric side of the large control
diaphragm. If the vent should be plugged engine vacuum would have trouble
pulling the control diaphragm allowing more gas to flow.

When the choke butterfly is closed more vacuum is on the control diaphragm
to allow a richer mix for starting.

Rebuild kits come with a gauge for setting the internal regulating lever,
similar to setting the float level in a gasoline carburetor.

Gotta go make some beds for onions and potatoes.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA