[AT] solder that float

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 22 10:10:50 PST 2005

Welll the float is now soldered and currently undergoing leak testing . My
brother did the actual work on it at his place and I have not seen it yet. I
think he used ordinary solder wire . I had a tube of silver solder (paste?)
that I bought from TCB years ago and never had much luck using it on
anything.
I'm not sure now but it seems to me it was meant to be low temp solder used
for general repairs. Maybe I never got the technique right but I always had
better success with regular old wire (acid core) solder for most jobs.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/