[AT] solder that float

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 22 05:28:41 PST 2005

I would not hesitate to try to dry, flux and silver solder that float before
I bought a new one.  The metal is so thin I'm betting you can do it with an
iron or pen. A torch might melt the seams.  Silver solder is easy to find in
the plumbing section.. many core types available.. and electronics houses
like radio shack sell a small tube for a couple bucks just to try to dink
with.

Soundguy

>I'm hoping that soldering might be a cure for this but haven't attempted it
>yet. On checking with the JD dealer I find that new floats are available at
>a cost of $42.75. Not exactly cheap are they? But its good to know that a
>new one is available in case we destroy the old one in the process of
trying