[AJD] 530 Transmission

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 17:02:12 PST 2005

I could use some expert advise.  In putting the transmission in my 530 back togeter I am replacing all of the bearings and races. One race is giving me some problems and thought that you guys may have a quick and easy solution.  On the sliding shaft, there is a race on the end of the shaft that fits into the bearing in the transmission drive gear. The race has a beveled shoulder so I cannot get a puller to grab onto the race. In a second effort, I heated the race and attempted to drive it off the shaft but that didn't work either.  Any suggestions ?   Can I weld on the race without messing up the splined shaft??

Thanks

Ken Jones