[Farmall] Hard starting F12

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 20 11:18:39 PST 2005

The mention of the fuel pump kit just gave me a bad flashback. After I
rebuilt one I never could crank the tractor by hand. Long story turned
short, one of the checkvalves was bad. Even though it was new it would not
seal. I put back in an old one and no more problem. I don't think you can
dissasemble them to solve the problem. On the pump on my T-20 however you
can easily take them apart. Mine has actually stuck shut a couple of times.
Not saying this is the problem with your tractor but it can definetly cause
undue stress on an Armstrong starter. I think I was able to blame the
checkvalve by noticing a lot of bubbles in the sediment bowl while the
tractor was running.

John