[AT] KY machinery show today

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Thu Feb 17 16:55:27 PST 2005

	Diana and I went to the Louisville KY farm machinery show today. Very crowded for a week
day. I spent much of the day winking at Diana and saying "damn farmers"...   ;-)   I have
a basic instruction for all attendees of such shows... When you see some one to talk to
or want to look at something... Move the hell out of the aisle !!!   :-)   Farmers spend
too much time alone and they act like there is nobody else around to think about. I also
followed a lot of guys that must have thought they were Allis Chalmers Roto-balers...
They would mosey along slowly for a short bit then stop then repeat all the way down the
aisles.   :-)   That is not a problem without a crowd but this place was often down to
just having to shuffle along elbow to elbow.
	It was a good show if you like all that new fangled stuff. I was disappointed to not see
any classic tractors there this time. It is an absolutely huge show but we covered it
pretty fast since I had only a casual interest in much of it. As usual there was a fair
amount of tobacco stuff there but I believe much less than say 5 years ago. They still
grow a good bit of it in KY and southern Indiana but I don't believe there is a single
stalk grown in this county or north of here. If so I have never seen it growing. Kind of
funny actually since a good bit is grown only 30 miles south of here.
	I was mostly interested in hay equipment and storage and then mostly looking for ideas I
could steal.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net