[AJD] timing crash test.............

bald at tds.net bald at tds.net
Wed Feb 16 14:20:23 PST 2005

Whenever it's crankin time on my 37A, that big, left back tire seems awful close.  Have a routine down: move shift lever to ensure in neutral, pull back the clutch, check both again and make sure my brass ring is in close reach (braided a nylon line around the coil to rotor wire on the mag, ran the other end of the line back to the pedestal and secured a big brass ring in the middle of the line..closest thing to a kill switch without messing up the mag).
Two years ago a WD45 almost got me when starting it from the ground (should've been in the seat).  Was lucky enough to be just scared and sore.
Most of my close calls have occurred when I got in too big a hurry.  Take care, H. Fry