[AJD] Was Working on D - ouch Now She Runs Again

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 10:55:23 PST 2005

Gary,
Right on!  Good job, you're giving me inspiration.
Speaking of which, how big of a job is it to change the camshaft?
Thinking about putting in a reground one.  No good reason too, but hey,
why wouldn't a 59 year old cam need it's lobes refaced?
For that matter, pulling the crank?  My crank doesn't really so any
movement, and I really fear bearing replacement and crank grinding will
be a job and an enormous expense at the rate I'm going.  But, like Lou,
I'd really like to tear it down one and only one time.
Yeah, I know, read the I&T, but it's sooooo much better to hear it from
someone who's done it!
Steve